Sorry, just couldn't resist this. Men of a certain age who spent time in yet another country that we tried to bring democracy to so many years ago will certainly remember this tune - especially on a July morning. I can remember exactly where I was when I first heard this song - in Bangkok on R&R.

                                  AC -130 Gunship somewhere over Vietnam
Not much has changed in the world except maybe the haircuts. I wish I could be around to see what songs the guys and gals from our Iraq and Afghanistan adventures remember when they're old and gray like me.
But if it's the "Thong Song" then I don't want to know.
Music really is the only real time machine that we humans can depend on. They say that taste and smell can really spike a memory and I'm sure that's true but it doesn't matter what you are doing or what you did, I guarantee that if you hear a certain song it will take you there immediately. Some times it's good and sometimes it's bad - but it is dependable. 
Thank god for music and musicians or we would be stuck with our own frail memories of days past.
Say good night, Dick!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The One, the Only . . .

Giving the Equinox its Due

The Seinfeld Post